Saturday, January 2, 2010

A New Year, and Almost Feminism.

2010 found me spending my first ever New Years Eve in Pittsburgh, despite having lived here for the past 4 years. It was delightful.

The evening began with a four-couse meal Precisely prepared for me at his place. Few things are as lovely as being cooked for. Evidence of the dessert (chocolate dipped candied grape fruit peels with ice cream) is below.

Any word meaning delicious would be an understatement.

Followed was a couple of parties, lots of champagne, some dancing, and the standard midnight countdown.





New Years Day was even better. After sleeping in till noon, we donned hoodies and went to brunch. Numerous breakfast casseroles, mimosas, awesome snacks and some great people later, we came home to the couch and the television. The rest of the afternoon looked something like this.


Because few things make me as happy as crossing items off of a to-do list, I was thrilled to have completed all of my resolutions from 2009. As such, I've decided to give myself a break this year and only have 2.

Resolutions for 2010:
1. Go to the dentist. (I have insurance, there's no excuse.)
2. Eat more real food. (I've eaten in for the last few nights in a row. It's the weekend. So far, I'm doing great.)

The rest of this year so far has seen the artist and me basically reliving our freshman year of college. Shopping sprees at Target, home facials and manicures, and watching Sex and the City for hours on end. So, later tomorrow afternoon we'll get to thinking.

I mean, I realize it's still early, but 2010 rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment