Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I love salad.

For the longest time, I hated drinking water. Hated, hated, hated. Unfortunately for me what with being a singer, runner, and wanting clear skin, water was pretty much a necessity. So, I'd force myself to drink it, telling myself with every sip that this was delicious, and I loved it, and eventually it stopped being terrible. Now I drink water like it's my job.

I recently read the book In Defense of Food, which is written by the same author as The Omnivore's Dilemma. It's fascinating, and while I'm not going to go all Skinny Bitch and become a vegan, I am encouraged to eat healthier. Well, also encouraging me is the fact that it's the most fattening time of the year, the pants I put on this morning were much tighter than usual, I'm training for a half marathon, and I'm currently watching Kill Bill with Uma Thurman being all kickass and thin.

So, I went on a healthy food shopping spree (thanks Trader Joe's!) and have spent the last 3 days convincing myself how delicious salads are. Because, I really, really hate salad. When I was little my Dad would make fun of me for only eating yellow, beige, and white foods. If I could, I would have no problem subsisting solely off of cheese and carbs now. Unfortunately, raw vegetables are just so good for you, and salads are really the most convenient way to eat them.

I read it takes 2 weeks to change a habit. As long as I make myself go grocery shopping again this weekend, the title of this post should actually be true by December 15. Pass the dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment