Tuesday, January 5, 2010

We're Doing This Now?

Today I got an email from one of my best friends confessing that she had joined an online dating site.

Judging me? she wrote. It's OK. I am too.

I'm not. I'm just surprised that we're doing this now. The dating website that is. I mean, obviously I use the internet when it comes to boys. What did people do before they could google the person they're dating? And I am not one to ever back down in a poking war on facebook. But a dating website. I don't know, I always figured that would be something to come later. Oh wait. I am judging.

Or, maybe it's the fact that right now, the thought of going on a date just sounds exhausting. Maybe I'm becoming a-sexual. Or maybe it's just the winter. I haven't seen the sun in days.

Either way, I'm spending a lot of nights lately with my laptop and netflix while wearing sweatpants, and not feeling at all sorry about it.

3 comments:

  1. Yea, I hear ya. I always kinda looked down on online dating services. I still don't think it's the best option, but if someone does it, they should do it with a grain of salt... and perhaps not expect much (my one friend didn't find much success on it).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it's a relief to know that I'm not alone in my judging. I was feeling kind of bad, because really, I'm usually all about the internet and all of it's social services. On the one hand I like that signing up for a dating site is blunt and direct. But I don't want to stop being coy just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to write a similar blog concerning this topic, you beat me to it. You did a nice
    job! Thanks and well add your RSS to come categories on our blogs. Thanks so much, Jon B.dating website

    ReplyDelete