Saturday, November 28, 2009

On a Bad Day, There's Always Lipstick.

I'm convinced this is why the brand Wet n' Wild even exists. If I'm having a lousy day, I run into the nearest drug store, buy myself a new and usually bold lipstick, and BAM! The day suddenly got better. And for a price cheaper than a latte.

After a rough week however, one lousy tube of 99 cent lipstick just isn't going to cut it. On Tuesday I made the mistake of wearing my hair down for the first time in a few weeks. I was so distracted by how badly I needed a trim, I could barely work.

So, while I was home, I booked myself a hair appointment at the fancy David J. Witchell Salon in Newtown. After the luxurious shampoo/scalp massage (seriously, going to a fancy salon is worth it just for the scalp massage!) I explained to Brooke that I'm attempting to grow my hair long, but I was bored! so very bored. And then left it to her creative genius.

And now? Well, everything is different. I'm going to kick ass not only at work, but in the jam packed social holiday calendar that is December. I'm going to be organized, do my laundry more than once a month, eat healthy, get a boyfriend, learn a new language, lose 5 lbs, and bake cookies for orphans. In short, save the world. Or something.

While I may not get to all of that, at the very least I won't have any split ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment