Monday, May 10, 2010

Moved.

I moved this weekend. It was a far less painful experience than I was expecting, but a bit more bitter sweet than I was prepared for. I'm officially living with Precisely, in a 3rd floor loft which I would say has more square footage than we know what to do with, but we're pretty resourceful, so that would be a lie.

So I've left Bloomfield. And the house I've lived in for the past two years. The house we called a "grown-up" house when we first moved in, and where I graduated college, and threw game nights with 30 people, and kissed boys on the front porch after dates, and limped back to after the half marathon, and turned into party central for Love of Friends 4, and survived Snowmygod! It was a great house.

This move also marks the first time in my life since leaving my parents' house that I haven't lived with the Artist. She and I have been through a dorm room, and two apartments, and I can't tell you how strange it was when saying bye at work today and saying "I'll see you tomorrow" instead of "I'll see you at home."

BUT, she's staying in Pittsburgh, which is awesome, and we will be living in adjacent neighborhoods, and really, we've seen each other every day since I've moved out.

So, the new place. I'm so excited you guys! The space is awesome. It needs a little love, and some paint, but Precisely and I can't wait to get started. We've got plans. And when you get 2 Type A's on a project, things will happen. We spent Sunday afternoon drinking champagne and running around the place gesturing wildly, and planning, and speaking at very fast rates. We have a shared google doc going outlining what we need/want for each room, links to inspirational designs, and other miscellaneous ideas.

There's such great natural lighting in this place that while getting ready this morning, I was thrown off by the cheeriness with all the sunlight. And the water pressure! I haven't had good water pressure for the past 2 years y'all! I've missed it. And I've mentioned the shared closet before right? Because this is technically a 3 bedroom place, and we're turning the 3rd bedroom into a shared walk-in closet. And there's a 42" flat screen television, and high speed internet, and cable! And shows like "I didn't know I was pregnant", which omg how does that happen first of all, and how does it happen enough for there to be a show about it!? And there's an awesome kitchen! And a bar! And living at the bottom of this hill is going to make me skinny!

There will be parties, and you'll all be invited.

3 comments:

  1. So jealous you got a BA W. Holdings place. Anywho, here are some fun links that you can explore and possibly add to the shared Google Doc:

    PAINT Dry Erase - I think this is a cool idea:
    http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ideapaint.com%2Fsite%2Fideapaint_home.html&sa=D&usg=AFQjCNGc_x2anoStsnwBSFq7zP6c-zgWxw

    The Avg home has a 3'x3' hole in it where energy escapes at all time. Simple guide to help combat that a bit:
    http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Flifehacker.com%2F5522869%2Fair-seal-your-home-for-inexpensive-long%2Bterm-savings&sa=D&usg=AFQjCNEHWPKsoJqMmK1mI0IrUAMqmKnhLg

    A great post, linking to lots of different home design tools:
    http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Flifehacker.com%2F5510056%2Fthe-best-design-tools-for-improving-your-home&sa=D&usg=AFQjCNEmehLwWN3_-hEcR0aZgEvjQkG3tA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mav!

    Any chance you'll be our neighbor soon??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking in Sq. Hill and Lawery-ville - so depends on what pops up

    ReplyDelete