Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Resolved 2012

Since the world might end on 12-21-12, this year's resolutions is also kind of a bucket list.

1. Read more fiction.
2. Plan, prepare, and cook a fancy multi-course dinner party for 10 of my friends, complete with paired wine.
3. Finish the Pittsburgh marathon with my best time ever. (4:30 would be awesome, but I'll settle for under 5 hours.)
4. Once a week, pick up the phone and call someone who isn't my Mom just to say hi and talk.
5. Visit my sister in Rome.
6. Buy a mega-bus ticket to a city I've never been to before, and go for a weekend.
7. Wear only the clothes I own that I love, and give away those I don't.
8. Increase philanthropic giving.
9. Get back to yoga.
10. Keep my houseplants alive.



2012 is going to be a good year.  Though really, I could use a little more time, so if we could get an extension on the apocalypse, that would be great.

3 comments:

  1. Dinner might have to be for 11 if I'm not invited b/c I'm officially inviting myself. Is that rude?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, you can come. I'll need cooking tips from you for sure anyways!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kelsey -
    I admire your ambitious resolution list! A friend and I have started up a new facebook site, Type A+ (where Type As can learn to work with their qualities as opposed to the qualities taking them over).
    You may enjoy the conversation we've been having lately - its all about goal setting and detaching from outcome. We would love to get your insight on our topics.
    Best of luck with the list, and I'm with you on the request for apocalypse extension!
    Happy 2012 to you and yours!

    -Rachel with Type A+
    http://www.facebook.com/typAplus

    ReplyDelete