Saturday, January 28, 2012

One of my Favorite Snacks

A couple of years ago, in the midst of preparing for Love of Friends 4, we were holding a meeting/sew night at my house, and it was Regina's turn to bring a snack.

She showed up, opened her back and said, "Ok, I know you said you have cheese and crackers, so I brought some sweet potatoes and avocados."

I blinked at her.

"Um....ok?" was all I could come up with, not really sure what I was supposed to do with this information/ingredients.

She proceeded to boil the sweet potato, slice up the avocado, and once the potato was cooked through sliced it up as well.

Then she piled a slice of sweet potato, avocado, and cheese onto a cracker and handed it to me.

It was absolutely delicious.

The best thing about this snack, besides how easy it is to create, is that its quite satisfying, while being somewhat healthy.  I mean, I'm pretty sure I've read that both sweet potatoes and avocados are "super foods", and most of the time when I make it now, I don't even use crackers, just pile the avocado and cheese onto the sweet potato and enjoy.

It's the perfect comfort food for a cold and rainy winter afternoon like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment