Monday, March 22, 2010

It's Spring!

I inherited them from my Mom. They had been hers in the '70s. They were perfect. Tan leather, chunky, platform sandals that went with everything. I mean it! I wore these shoes with jeans, dresses, skirts, shorts, jorts! I wore these sandals until the fateful morning in high school while walking across the football field from the bowling alley we parked at, when one the straps up and snapped.

I was devastated. Ok, maybe devastated is a bit of an exaggeration, but I was upset. I have spent every spring since then searching for a replacement pair of chunky brown sandals I can wear all day without my feet hurting, and that will go with just about everything. I came close the summer after my freshman year at college, but then took them backpacking across Europe with me, and they broke while dancing at the biggest night-club in Middle Europe (at least that's what the sign said..) in Prague.

I spent this past weekend, and subsequently the first day of spring visiting my grandparents in Naples, FL. I felt almost guilty for leaving the sunny and sixties weather of Pittsburgh, but very much enjoyed the sunny and '80s degree weather of Florida. Anyways, my grandparents took me shopping (thanks Grandmama and Papa!), and I found these.




They're brown, they're leather, they're chunky, and they're comfortable! They also make me real tall. It's officially spring, and even though we could still get another snow storm in Pittsburgh, I'll be wearing these around the East-end soon enough. It's going to be a great season.

No comments:

Post a Comment