Saturday, September 25, 2010

List of Some Random Thoughts From Julie and Julia

I came home late last night, and had to wake up early this morning, so decided to spend a low key Friday night in.  After determining that Current TV wasn't showing anything involving Brett Erlich, I decided to watch Julie and Julia.  So I made myself some mashed potatoes for dinner, poured myself a glass of wine, and settled in to enjoy a couple hours of French cuisine, blogging, and people finding themselves.  Here are my thoughts from the film:

- Though all of the food looked delicious, I can't say I was seriously inspired to cook.  You know what inspires me to cook?  All this running, which is making me hungry all. the. time.

- I jumped on the blogging bandwagon way late in the game.  2002?  She wrote her blog in '02?  You know what I was doing in '02?  Freaking out over getting my drivers permit, and being 15, that's what I was doing.

- Amy Adams hair.  Usually, her hair looks great.  (she was one of the actresses who inspired me to go red) but I wasn't digging the cut in this movie.  That was on purpose probably, but I still wasn't feeling it.

- She and her husband were all excited over having 900 sq. feet even though it meant moving to Queens.  Bahaha, 900 sq. ft.  I love cost of living in Pittsburgh.

- I find it very reassuring that Julia Childs can find true love and be happily married.  My voice is not as annoying, and I already know how to cook some things.  She could barely boil an egg when she first got married.

- Oh Paris, I miss you.

- I fear that if Julia ended up hating Julie's blog, my goal of making Brett Ehrlich fall in love with me over twitter, could potentially backfire...

- Brie really is the best cheese I've ever tasted.

 - Maybe I will try making the Boeuf Bourguignon come winter, when I don't want to leave the apartment and am craving warm comfort food.


Bon Appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment